Draft Created: June 3, 2020
Bed Bath Product
Rich Named it “Bedscroll” A Secret to Skin Failure Prevention
The idea behind bedscroll and story of Rich Cordero’s creation of a universal bed bath product inspired by nursing strain on Mr. Cordero’s wife, Grace. Grace worked tirelessly year after year despite the pain in her muscles from lifting heavy patients for bathing. This charming Cordero couple helped me consider using the bedscroll to prevent pressure ulcers, skin shear and other signs and symptoms of skin failure.
- moisture associated skin breakdown-can be from sweat or passing urine and stools
- Pressure related injuries (avoidable and unavoidable)-bony prominences like the elbows, hips, ankles, and knees
- Sheer and friction-from inability to completely lift skin off fabric for repositioning and transfers
- Comorbid conditions-diabetes, copd, heart failure, autoimmune syndromes, cancer, HIV, amputations or burns, quadriplegia, paralysis, traumatic brain injury. This is just a brief idea of diagnoses who would benefit from advancing their hygiene in Bedscrolls.
- community risk during CoVid 19 pandemic-will be discussed with skilled nursing and hospice settings but also pertains to any clinical area
Bedscroll bed bath product can have an impact to reduce the spread of infection and lifting or transfer strain of assisting with bathing. The fabric of these new sheets is a micro coil to prevent skin injury, and can be easily turned into a spa-like shower in the bed.
The device can help with hygiene and self-esteem for people who are bed bound, or even as a help for end of life care when a caregiver is needed for hospice care. Populations with transfer issues to make getting in and out of beds and chairs as well as those with history of skin breakdown could benefit from a new approach to bathing. With Bedscroll compared to hospital sheets, the number of germs carried or transmitted can be vastly reduced.
The decrease of work related injury, lessened risk of skin failure and comfort for both patients along with their caregivers are incentives to give the Bedscroll product a great review.
Individual case studies can show how implementing technology of a newly designed sheet such as this can revolutionize safety and comfort of hygiene practices.
Even after laundering the sheets in facilities, there are contagious particles that are capable of causing and spreading infections.
These germs are difficult and costly to treat, imagine eliminating the hazard from:
- Stealth Bacteria, these endospores are triggered in extreme heat or may be the only surviving germs after the dryer completes high heat cycle.
- Pseudomonas, these are microbes that produce skin infections in gastric-tubes or other wounds.
- C. Diff (a fulminant diarrhea), this opportunistic infection can rear its ugly self after a course of antibiotics, or simply prey on people who are diabetic.
- Drug-Resistant Candida, found in more than a third of autopsies.
When the bedscroll product is unrolled for people, it descreetly announces the triumph of preventing infections like an unsung hero antimicrobial underdog.
Skilled Nursing Facility Cleanliness Compliance for CoVid-19
When residents live in skilled nursing, the report is now more critical to explain the herd effect of bathing refusals. It puts others in the community at risk. Even the most thorough or bed baths do not provide the slowing of the growth curve of infectious diseases on the human body over time that is needed to protect the community.
Bed baths also carry the risk of infecting people who clean the room.
Social workers and the Centers for Disease Control alike require explanation and inteventions to explain shower refusals due to the risk of the community in CoVid-19 updates.
A special consideration with end of life care is that vigorous bathing can be sheer torture for someone with uncontrolled pain while they are passing away. The relaxing effect of Bedscroll can actually be a great comfort for hospice patients and their families. Cleansing the body after death can also be more respectfully performed in the bedscroll.
For all of these reasons, I fully recommend Bedscroll invention. To start, this review is without an affiliate commission. With my experience as a nurse, there are many exciting products for health and wellness. When Rich created the Bedscroll for his wife, Grace, he made a place in the hearts of many patients as well as the love of his life.
Rubber duckies can take a break from floating and decorate the bathroom shelf as Bedscroll gets unrolled. And the look of the smile on my patient’s face while in the bed bath was priceless.
I hope you will revisit this post for ongoing research, updates and case studies pertaining to Bedscroll product.