Learn about the Workforce Investment Act
Discover how the WIA program can help Healthcare Workers
Springing Into Summer!
What is the Workforce Investment Act?
(This post may contain affiliate links, which will not increase cost of any product or service. Nurse Becca Consulting receives a small commission for any sales off this site.)
The Workforce Investment Act is law passed by congress to pool money into education and training to help the economy and reduce unemployment rates.
Take a peek at President Trump’s Budget on the Whitehouse website.
10.9 Billion Dollars are requested for 2020 budget to be allocated, with millions dedicated to Youth Opportunity Grants.
How can Workforce Investment Act help Healthcare Workers?
Healthcare workers may apply for getting into this program. It is designed to help with tuition, books, and even on the job training.
The Workforce Investment Act can also help pay for instructors in rural areas.
Some fields which may be considered for funding:
- Pharmacy Technology
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Med Tech
- Medical Assistant
- Nurse Practitioner
In the beautiful State of Idaho, the code exists on this law which allows proprietary schools to register as training facilities. That means that the federal WIA provision will pay for the tuition and help qualified students. A win-win to boost the economy and provide qualified health care workers to service the state needs.
10 Top Tips (to get an application to the tip top of consideration.)
- Do diligent research prior to applying
- Gather References, Testimonials, Letters of Recommendation
- Create or revise your resume
- Ask for endorsement advisor, instructor, community leaders
- Read every question thoroughly for your application
- Spell and grammar check at least 3 times
- Volunteer for community involvement: American Red Cross, Food Bank, Crisis Nursery, organizations which pertain to your niche.
- Follow the instructions given to you by your WIA Career Counselor
- Triage the application process to prioritize your needs in alignment with the goals of the program
- Tell someone else about the WIA Program! (Thank you kindly for likes and shares:)
Workforce Investment Act is a great way to boost the economy, as well as help the health care community. Patients and providers benefit from the training opportunities which exist under this program. Each state in the United States of America has Federal funding allotted for the betterment of health and wellness.
If you think of any questions, please contribute to the comment thread so anyone with similar curiosity may learn as well.